Dermal fillers help to diminish facial lines and restore volume and fullness in the face
As we age, our faces naturally lose subcutaneous fat. The facial muscles are then working closer to the skin surface, so smile lines and crow’s feet become more apparent.
The facial skin also stretches a bit, adding to this loss of facial volume. Other factors that affect the facial skin include sun exposure, heredity, and lifestyle.
Dermal fillers such as Juvederm, Restylane and Sculptra are very popular, quick injectable treatments that can soften facial wrinkles, lines and fill out hollows to recreate the smooth contours of younger skin. Fillers are popular with those seeking a swift, non-surgical solution for ageing skin that has lost volume as the collagen that previously helped to shape and support it has disappeared.
We use only the best Hyaluronic acid (HA) fillers from world renouned brands such as Juvederm and Restylane.
Juvederm Vycross is Allergan’s most recent released range of dermal filler products which are longer-lasting, smoother to inject, biodegradable, and reversible. They represent the latest technology in dermal fillers moving things forward from its highly successful Juvederm Ultra range.
- Juvederm Voluma – for improving mid-face volume (such as cheeks) and non-surgical rhinoplasty. The most cohesive and elastic of the Vycross range and the first in the range to be released a few years ago.
- Juvederm Volbella – for longer-lasting results in dealing with under eye hollows and crows’ feet. This product is the least cohesive and least elastic out of the Vycross range making it preferable for the tear trough treatment because it’s easy to get it into the areas it’s needed with smooth results.
- Juvederm Volift – the most recent of the range to be released. Great for longer-lasting results for depressions in the nasolabial folds but also creates fantastic definition/sharpness for lips.
- Juvederm Retouch – a smaller sized Volift aimed at giving patients that little bit extra when a full 1ml syringe isn’t required.
JUVÉDERM® ULTRA is a range of hyaluronic acid based dermal fillers with lidocaine (a local anaesthetic) which are injected to restore facial volume, fill fine lines and wrinkles and folds and redefine lips.
- JUVÉDERM® ULTRA 2 is an injectable hyaluronic based dermal filler used for treating fine lines especially those around the corners of the eye and those very close to the surface of the skin.
- JUVÉDERM® ULTRA 3 is an injectable hyaluronic acid based dermal filler used to smooth medium and deep wrinkles like those between the nose and corner of the mouth.
- JUVÉDERM® ULTRA 4 is an injectable hyaluronic acid based dermal filler that has an even greater volumising effect and is used to fill deep depressions of the skin via injections, as well as for lip enhancement and cheekbone augmentation.
What are the key differences between Juvederm Ultra and Juvederm Vycross?
1. Longer-lasting due to its unique make-up of high and low molecular weight HA (Voluma up to 24 months, Volift up to 15 months, Volbella up to 12 months)
2. Better results because it’s easier to shape and mould once injected due to a greater degree of range in the balance elasticity and cohesivity
3. Creates less swelling at the area it’s been injected due to lower HA concentration drawing less moisture and causing less reactionary inflammation
4. Better ability to create lift and projection due to relative improved elasticity for each of Voluma, Vycross, and Volbella.
5. Smoother and easier to inject (lower extrusion force required) as not as viscous compared to Ultra.
6. The patient pays less over a one year period if you price your Vycross treatments so that they are less than two Ultra treatments combined at 6 month intervals.
Restylane is a popular collection of injectable fillers, including Restylane Classic, Restylane Lyft (cheeks), and the latest products Restylane Defyne and Refyne (laugh lines around the mouth). Each filler is formulated with hyaluronic acid, a naturally occurring substance in the skin that is very popular with medical providers to treat fine lines and create volume.
- Smile lines or Nasolabial lines. These vertical lines run down from the end of the nose to the corners of the mouth
- Marionette Lines. These run vertical below the corners of the mouth. They tend to give the appearance of a downturned mouth
- Vertical Lip lines. Wrinkles above and around the lips can appear over time due to natural lip muscle movement. Although other factors such as exposure to sunlight, smoking, and stress can accelerate this process
- Lip Enhancement
- Cheekbone Enhancement
- Facial Contouring